Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Motivation


I know you are all shocked that I'm updating my blog because it's been about a week since my last post.  I promise I'm trying to be better, sometimes my intentions just aren't enough to get me to actually do something.

Anyway...Happy Monday, friends!  I had a great weekend that included celebrating the wedding of two wonderful friends and watching Texas Tech beat OU in Norman!  That was awesome to say the least.  I could not be any prouder of my Red Raiders!

But, since the weekend is over and it is Monday again...here's what I am looking forward to this week:
1} Indulging in my new dark polishes that I ordered via beauty.com a few weeks ago.  I am rocking Essie's "Sole Mate" right now but this weekend I am changing to "Licorice" since it is Halloween and all.

2}Getting back into running now that the weather is cooler!  I've had some great runs over the past few weekends, none of which included the risk of getting a heat stroke. Amazing, right?

3} I know October isn't "officially" over yet, but it's getting pretty darn close which means it's almost time to decorate for Christmas.  Yes, I look forward to this season all year, and I am not ashamed to admit it!  Stores are getting more and more Christmas decor in and I have been waiting long enough to start purchasing it.  This weekend, I am starting the hunt for ornaments that will match our tree's color scheme of silver, gold, and white.
4} Going home to a clean house today!  Our wonderful housekeeper has been coming every other week and it is so worth every penny.  I love not having to vacuum, dust, or scrub the bathrooms.  Having fresh sheets on the bed is definitely the icing on the cake!

5} Taking the photo for our Christmas card with close friend and photographer extraordinaire Chelsea this weekend!  I have some fun ideas for this photo that I have been talking to her about and I can't wait to start working on our first Christmas card as "The L's"!


6} Catching up on all the great shows my DVR taped last night while I was sleeping on the couch suffering an allergy attack.  I am particularly excited about the new episode of "How To Make It In America" and the second part of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" reunion. 

What are you looking forward to this week?

P.S.- I want to wish a very sweet blogger and my IRL friend Savanah a very happy birthweek!

6 comments:

  1. That Christmas photo is ADORABLE. I can't wait to see yours! And seriously, I think one of my favorite things about Halloween is that when it's over I can start spreading some holiday cheer...
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that color polish, I'm going to have to use that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, thanks for the birthday shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna see the pics from the photog when they're done!

    This week I am looking forward to Sunday. I'm having a girly get-together with friends and can't wait!

    Are you going to be in SoCal over the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant Houston - not SoCal, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, you are so good! I have got to get on the ball and take some Christmas card photos! You'll have to show us some of your faves once you get them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by!