Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Recap


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  This was our first Christmas together as a married couple which also meant it was the first year we spent Christmas with both families.  Luckily both sets of parents live in the same city so we didn't even have to leave town to see everyone!


Our tree for this year.  My color scheme is gold, silver, and white, but I'm thinking about changing that up for next year.  I've also decided we need a bigger tree or maybe I just need to put less ornaments on it!


Stockings!  I got these from Pottery Barn a few years ago and I really like them, but I've lately been thinking their small stockings are cuter so I might be changing that up for next year as well.  I can't believe I'm already planning Christmas for next year--what's wrong with me?!


Dr. Pepper's biggest fan.  Seriously.


My new iPhone docking station.  It charges, plays music, and also works as an alarm clock.  Love it!


Stocking stuffers: Pilot G-2 colorful pens.  In every color.  I got these from my husband, sister, and brother in my stocking; maybe they should have talked to each other before purchasing!


Wearing our new North Face gear.  I got this vest and the hubs got a new jacket.

Other favorite Christmas gifts not pictured include new clothes for work and play, Essie's Bobbing for Baubles which I can't wait to get on my nails, and new personalized stationary with cute Paper Source envelopes--my fave!  I also got a new Paper Source planner and great big desk calendar.  Those, along with my new colorful pens pretty much make me the office supply dork that I am.


This is one of my favorite ornamnets, I bought it at the Houston Nutcracker Market this year.  I love personalized anything and ornaments are no exception.  I went a little overboard this year on the "couple" ornaments but it was our first Christmas so I figured I'd do a lot this year and not so much in upcoming years.


This one is from Lenox.  It's kind of hard to see but it has our names and wedding date on it.


A mitten and gingerbread men - what could be more Christmas-y?!


I love this mini chandelier which I also have in white.


Our bride and groom ornaments from the Nutcracker Market.  See, told ya I went a little over the top on the wedding ornaments!


This is a porcelain doll that my grandma made for me on my first Christmas in 1984.  It's so special to me and  I love putting it on the tree every year.


Along with our big tree, we have a mini tree with a Texas Tech theme in honor or our alma mater.  I also put other cute red ornaments on this year, including all my favorite Santa ornaments.




This cupcake ornament is a new one I got this year and I love it.  Also a Nutcracker Market purchase.

What did Santa bring you for Christmas this year?

4 comments:

  1. Love your ornaments and your Texas Tech tree. Glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Christmas!! Looks like y'all had a great time. We have that same Lenox ornament with our wedding date on it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a north face jacket too!! love north face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous are your ornaments? I love the color scheme!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by!