Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dressed to Celebrate


With six weddings and multiple showers, bachelorette parties, and rehearsal dinners to go to this year, I am getting an early start on shopping for all of these pre-wedding events.  I am so excited for all the couples who are tying the knot this year (including the best man and maid of honor from our wedding but not to each other!) and even though I'll be wearing a bridesmaids dress for some of them, I know there will be several occasions where I'll find myself needing something to wear.

For showers and bridal brunches:


I love stripes and I feel like they're everywhere right now.  I like them best in bright colors and varying widths so they don't look too rugby-ish.  Pair them with a short hemline and you've pretty much got my Spring wardrobe right there.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5,

For bachelorette parties:


Sparkly sequins and bright pops of color are perfect for the last fling before the ring.  Pair these dresses with high heels, a textured clutch, and whatever fun bachelorette toys the hostesses provide.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

For rehearsal dinners and receptions:


Sophisticated and polished but definitely not boring is the way to go for rehearsal dinners (pockets to hold tissues you'll need for any sentimental speeches are a plus) and receptions.  I also recommend looking for dresses that have room to move when you're on the dancefloor!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6





10 comments:

  1. Um. I want them ALL. Is that a problem? I love that blue tiered dress and all the stripes in the first set! And pocket dresses are KEY to hold tissues!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreeing completely with the statement!!!! so fun and a great way to show appreciation for the invite! nr 1 in the bachelorette party section is my fav fav fav!! :)

    love k

    ReplyDelete
  3. love so many of these espeically 2 and 3 for the reception

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would wear pretty much all of these! but my FAVE in each section is:

    No. 1 in the first group.
    No. 6 in the second group.
    No. 2 in the last group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these choices. Perfect dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all World historical events,Android apps tamil news,World news on android Breaking news for iphone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Packers and movers in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missing your blog posts :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you think of outfits that are girlie, feminine and cutesy, floral prints come to mind. However, a rosette-adorned gown can give the look that is the complete opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I found your blog, which is so cute btw, on the Houston Bloggers Social link page and wanted to reach out and see if we could link up. :) I joined the "HBS" but there hasn't been much activity on there so i thought I would go out on my own and try my luck at networking. Please feel free to follow my blog, I went ahead and followed yours. Happy blogging, I love your blog! :)

    http://lifeisalovelydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by!